Local contemporary art gallery seeks production assistant
We are a contemporary art gallery and art consultancy located in Midtown Sacramento. We are growing, and looking for a production assistant to help with printing, framing and other miscellaneous tasks.
Our gallery is owned by artists and is for artists. We strongly believe in treating both our artists and our customers with fairness and respect, while delivering the highest quality product available. We are hoping to find a candidate that not only knows and has a well-rounded practice with standard toolsets, but also has an interest in art and sense of the greater Northern California arts community.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Some experience with stretching canvas
- Has some knowledge of printing and printers
- Has worked with photoshop, illustrator, and other graphic tools
- Working knowledge of paint and paint sprayers
- Experience with power tools such as table saws, miter saws, planers, and sanders
- Fast-working while being detailed-oriented
- Has previously worked in a gallery or retail environment
The position will be 3-5 days a week, in our production facility in midtown. We’ll need someone to handle the following tasks:
- Print and stretch canvas onto canvas bars
- Print and frame premium paper giclée
- Operate machinery to create frames under the guidance of the production manager
- Prime, paint and clear-coat frames
- General tool maintenance
- Deliver and hang art in client's place of business or residence
- Help with packing and sometimes shipping of art
- Scan artwork using high-resolution techniques and cameras
- Assist in other areas of production for the maintenance of the gallery
- Put up with the owner's dad jokes
We are looking to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We are growing and hoping for an employee that will grow with us.
To apply, see the instructions on the job's mainpage.